Monday, November 1, 2010

The Doable Details: FuzziBunz One Size Diaper Review

guest post by Emily DeCosta

Let me just say, I love cloth diapers! Specifically, I love pocket diapers! I first started off cloth diapering when we found out that we were going to have two little ones in diapers at the same time. My first cloth diaper stash consisted of just prefolds and covers in two sizes for my kids. While it did save me money, I wasn't totally satisfied with what I had bought. They leaked on my son and they just seemed so bulky on my petite little girl.

Packaging
Then I had the opportunity to try out pocket diapers. The FuzziBunz one-size pocket diaper is great! When it first arrived, I have to say that I was impressed with the packaging. It had great instructions on the back and it even came with a number to call if you needed help! I also liked the fact that it came with an extra set of elastics for the leg gussets. It has not just one insert, but two. The smaller one is for newborns and the larger one is for older children.

Fit
Now that my son is almost potty trained, I just use cloth diapers on my daughter. I'm sure I could use these diapers on him if I needed too. The diaper has several snaps to adjust the size around the legs and waist. At first, I though it looked a little confusing, but I quickly figured it out without having to call the number on the back of the package. It also has adjustable elastic across the back at the waist and around the legs. It makes for a great fit on chubby babies or skinny babies. These elastics eliminate the need for extra snaps on the cover. My daughter is tall and thin at 18 pounds and 30 inches and this diaper adjusts to fit her so snugly.

Absorbency
To test out the diaper, I used both inserts in the diaper overnight for extra absorption and it was great. My daughter is a heavy wetter and her clothes were dry the next morning. I was amazed at how much the inserts absorbed and how the fleece felt so much dryer against her skin. I also tried them out during the day with only the large insert and it worked just as well.

Cleaning
This diaper is just as easy as other cloth diapers to clean and dry. The microfiber inserts both dried very well on just a regular cycle in the dryer. I usually try to line dry my covers, but there were a few times that I put it into the dryer and it came out just fine.

Expense
The initial cost may be a little high for those on a very tight budget, but I do see how the diaper will pay for itself in the long run. There is no need to buy two or more sizes of diapers for your little one. The FuzziBunz one size diaper will work for your newborn until they are potty trained. There is an added benefit for those that have two children in diapers. They can be adjusted to fit both children! For a one size diaper that can do it all, I highly recommend this FuzziBunz diaper!

 

decostaEmily DeCosta is a wife and mother of two. She enjoys cooking, bargain hunting, and just being a homemaker. She currently resides in the beautiful city of Keene, New Hampshire. You can keep up with the DeCostas at www.decostaliving.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...