Friday, March 4, 2011

Rumparooz Doll Diapers

My daughter received her first baby doll for Christmas from Grandma & Grandpa.  She was very excited at first, but then the newness wore off and she returned to her best friend, “Bunny.” 

Then a few weeks later, Elaine insisted on taking “Besty” (her baby doll) with her to naptime.  Elaine usually plays in her crib for a few minutes before I come to get her after naptime.  On this particular day I heard the sound of velcro as I approached the bedroom.  I was a little baffled as we don’t use hook and loop diaper closures.  Then I realized the source of the sound…Elaine had discovered Betsy’s diaper. 

That same week, Kanga Care released their Doll Diapers, made from the scraps during the manufacturing of Rumparooz one size diapers.  I was so excited and thought they were adorable…I couldn’t wait for the package to arrive.  I picked out Gumball and Lux for the baby doll, to match Elaine’s diapers.  We played with them a little bit and changed Betsy’s diaper.  But alas, again the newness wore off.

One day recently during playtime, Elaine wanted to change Betsy’s diaper.  She can fasten the velcro tabs if I hold the diaper in place.  After we finished, she went and found another dolly and wanted a diaper on it.  We had great fun diapering her dolls.  But then Elaine wanted one on her Bear

I should mention that this Bear was around when my husband was a child, and it was given to Elaine by my mother-in-law.  Elaine absolutely loves him! 

We did encounter a problem.  You see, Bear has big hips.  The dolly diaper was just not going to fit!  Elaine insisted, and so I improvised.  We are now one diaper cover short in our stash…Bear is wearing Elaine’s Butternut Flip!  Elaine seemed happy with this arrangement, and she still does not want the diapers to come off!  (One of her three words is “no” and she uses it quite loudly if you try to mess with her Bear and Betsy).

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERABaby (wearing a Gumball Rumparooz), Bear (wearing a Butternut Flip), and Betsy (wearing a Lux Rumparooz).

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...