Monday, March 21, 2011

Cost of Disposable Diapers on the Rise

I am in Denver visiting my parents for a week.  On a local news report, I heard that the cost of various products will increase soon.  Two of the specific products named were Huggies Diapers and Cottonelle toilet paper.

According to Huggies, they will be raising the price of their disposable diapers by 3% – 7% beginning next quarter.  In an already poor economy, that is a significant price increase – especially when you consider the amount of diapers each baby needs per month.

There are two things I thought of when I heard this report:

1.  I am so glad that I use cloth diapers and I don’t have to worry about the rising cost of disposable diapers!  I am already saving money, and with the price increase, I will be saving even more.  I feel particularly thankful for my money saving cloth stash when I consider that I will soon have two little ones wearing diapers.

2.  This is a great time to launch into cloth diapers if you haven’t already.  If you are reading this blog, I am assuming that you are at least interested in cloth diapering.  Or perhaps you are a newbie or part-time cloth user.  Perhaps you are testing the waters to see if cloth diapers really are doable. 

TrashWith the rising cost of disposable diapers you have the perfect opportunity to save even more money by increasing (or starting) your cloth diaper stash.  Not only can cloth save you $1500-2500 per child, but your savings grow with each child that uses the diapers.  By choosing to spend money (and soon even more money) on disposable diapers, you are literally throwing your money in the trash – with each diaper change.

If you are interested in cloth diapering but don’t know where to begin, try reading our Cloth Diaper Primer series (part 1, part 2, and part 3). 

I love to help people with their cloth questions!  Just contact me by email at info@doablediapers.com if you need more help or information!

1 comment:

Bum Luxury said...

I just posted this on my FB page last week! It's so sad how much some people spend on sposies when they rally can't afford it. So many don't realize cloth is an option now. Thanks for spreading the word!

Bridget from Bum Luxury

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...