Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Obsession Confession–Lindsey from So Easy Being Green

Name: Lindsey

IMG_0134

Children:  1 Daughter who just turned 9 months old.

Occupation:  SAHM

Where do you live?  Small Town in Tennessee

Is your hubby on board with using cloth diapers?  It was his idea at first to save money... He will use them (but not wash them) and he's not on the cloth wipe bandwagon... yet!

When did you start cloth diapering?  I started when my daughter was 2 weeks old.  For the next baby, I will definitely cloth diaper as a newborn because I know I "can" do it!

What was your main reason for switching to cloth diapers?  To save MONEY!  And they are sooo cute!

IMG_1081Share the short story of how you started using cloth diapers.  Like I said, my husband suggested them, since I would be staying at home.  His reasoning: It would save money; I would have time to do extra laundry; and there was a time when everyone used cloth diapers.  He never thought I would agree, but I jumped at the idea, once I did some research and saw the modern cloth diapers!  :)

What is your favorite brand and style of diapers?  I love, love, love my AppleCheeks!  I'm falling in love with Fitteds and Wool more and more too.

How many diapers are in your stash?  It's ever changing... I would guess around 25 that she uses now.  I have smaller prefolds, covers, fitteds that fit her at a younger age.  I'm such an addict, I don't WANT to count... Haha.

Share a blooper or “newbie” story from your cloth diapering experiences.  My most recent blooper... leaving a new Bummis EasyFit (full of poo) in the wetbag in my car for 3 days!!!  At least it's a good wetbag, as there was no smell, but it was so stained... thank goodness for the sun's bleaching powers!

headerpictureDo you have a tip to share with others?  Lemon Juice and the Sun are your best friend when it comes to using cloth diapers (and your diaper sprayer!)

When you started using cloth diapers, what is one thing you wish you had known?  I wish that I had done a Rental Program so that I could try a LOT of different diapers to find out which ones worked best for me and Sophia without buying upfront.

What is the greatest issue or problem you’ve had with cloth diapers, and how did you resolve it?  The stinks!  Just washing more and extra rinses.  Stripping helps so much too!

Is there anything you would like to know regarding cloth diapers?  I want to know how to get the best fit.  How do you know when to size up your One-Size diapers?

What are your other hobbies, interests, and obsessions?  I love gardening and just generally hanging and traveling with our little family!  I love blogging and have met so many great friends through my experiences!

What are your favorite blogs and websites?  Marine Parents, Twitter, Craigslist, Facebook, and Stuff Parents Need.

Tell us a little about your personality.  I'm a fun, silly woman that is loves being a Mommy and Wife!

wooleventbuttonLindsey blogs over at So Easy Being Green.  She is hosting a wool event beginning on March 14th and would like to invite Doable Diapers fans & readers to participate!  Please stop by her blog and let her know we sent you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...