Monday, December 12, 2011

Mailbox Mondays: Wet Bags and Pail Liners

Mailbox Mondays button

Today’s question comes from Tosha:

“We are still trying for a bun, but I have been stockpiling.  My question is one average how many wet bags and pail liners does it take to cloth diaper??”

The number of wet bags and pail liners you need will vary based on your wash routine, but I would definitely suggest two of each size that you use.  This will allow you to have one set in the wash, and one set in use at all times.  I tried to do it with one pail liner for a while, but I would always get the really poopy diaper when my liner was in the wash.  Then I had no place to put it!

I use a small wet bag for wipes in my diaper bag, a medium bag for dirty diapers on-the-go, and a hanging wet bag in the bathroom for poopy diapers that have been sprayed out with the diaper sprayer.  Then I have a pail next to my changing table.  I would suggest a Planet Wise pail liner for smaller pails, and a Kanga Care pail liner for larger pails, or those who have to transport dirty diapers to the laundry facility.  The Kanga Care liner has a draw string, while the Planet Wise bag does not.

In my stash I have two of the wet bags for my wipes, three medium bags for the diaper bag, and two each of the hanging wet bags and pail liners.  I wash every 2-3 days, and this has been sufficient to meet our needs.

Good luck Tosha – I hope that God adds a little one to your family soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...