Friday, January 7, 2011

Obsession Confession: Marah from Diary of a Devil Dog Wife

 

IMG_1928 copyName?  Marah Mumma

Children (number, names, ages)?  Kolt, 1 year

Occupation: Stay at home mom. Full time student at Liberty University.

Where do you live?  We are stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. We live in Maysville, NC. But I’m currently in PA living with my parents while my husband is deployed.

Is your hubby on board with using cloth diapers?  He was a little hesitant at first, but now he loves it. He even tells his buddies about how “cool” cloth diapering is!

When did you start cloth diapering?  I started when Kolt was about 4 months old.

What was your main reason for switching to cloth diapers?  Looking for ways to save money AND they are just so darn cute!

IMG_0628 copyTell the short story of how you started using cloth diapers.  I started doing A LOT of research and reading about cloth diapering. I purchased a trial, starter cloth diaper package with many different kinds of diapers. It was a great way to actually see all the different kinds of diapers and figure out which type would work best for our family.

What is your favorite brand and style of diapers?  For the most part, I’m a pocket diaper girl. My favorite probably changes every week. I absolutely love the Tots Bots Easy Fit diaper. But for nighttime fitted diapers and wool covers are my leak proof solution!

How many diapers are in your stash?  Probably close to 50. Uh. Can you say obsession!?!?

Share a blooper or “newbie” story from your cloth diapering experiences.  Yeah, I guess I did TOO much reading and research because I really don’t have one.

Do you have a tip to share with others?  Try lots of different brands and types of diapers. What works for one person may not work for you. You have to find what works best for you and your family.

Is there anything you wish you had known when you started using IMG_1443_edited-1 copycloth diapers?  I wish I had known more about wool!

What is the greatest issue or problem you’ve had with cloth diapers, and how did you resolve it?  Stinky diapers! I’m still working on getting this resolved.

Regarding cloth diapers, is there anything you would like to know?  What is the best way to strip cloth diapers?!?!

What are your other hobbies, interests, and obsessions?  I love spending time with wonderful husband and adorable son, so pretty much anything that involves them. But I also enjoy blogging, sewing, photography, reading and cooking.

What are your favorite blogs and websites?  Favorite photography blog - http://www.clickitupanotch.com/.  Favorite fellow military wife blog - http://www.goodnight-moon.org/.  Favorite craft blog - http://www.oneprettything.com/.

Tell us a little about your personality?  I wouldn’t be where I am or who I am today without my relationship with Christ. I don’t like conflict, yet I stand firm in what I believe. Worrying is my weakness. I genuinely care about other people. I would do anything for my husband and son.

IMG_0323 copyMarah blogs over at Diary of a Devil Dog Wife.  Stop by and tell her we sent you!  By the way, stay tuned for some exciting news next week!  Doable Diapers is teaming up with Diary of a Devil Dog Wife for a fantastic contest and prize package.  Details will come on Monday, but get your cameras ready!

1 comment:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Good for you hubby! Mine is the same way. He loves how much money we save.
New cloth hop follower!
Sweet T Makes Three
<a

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...