Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Newborn Diapers

Kim Rosas from Dirty Diaper Laundry did an excellent review of many newborn diapers.  She even included a chart comparing the fit, absorbency, and bang for the buck.  Watch her video review here, and then check out the chart below it.  This is a great resource if you will be cloth diapering a newborn!

I was excited when Kim announced that she would be reviewing newborn diapers, and now I can’t wait to get started purchasing diapers for my baby due in June (though I know I have plenty of time!).

rumparoozliljoeys_gumballI mainly used newborn prefolds and diaper covers when Elaine was born, but I didn’t begin using cloth until her cord fell off.  I am considering taking cloth with me to the hospital this time, so I am looking at other options.  I bought my first newborn diaper from a WAHM, and it is the tiniest, cutest, most adorable diaper!  It fits Elaine’s little baby doll which she got for Christmas!

I do plan to try the Lil Joey diapers.  Elaine was a smaller baby at birth, and very skinny.  If this baby follows in her steps, we will get a bit of use out of them.  I am hesitant to buy a lot of them simply because it is an AIO diaper and I don’t have a dryer.  I am nervous that they will take forever to line dry!

FB-perfectsize-crushedberries120I also want to use some XS FuzziBunz diapers.  FuzziBunz are my favorite diaper, with Rumparooz a close second.  I used the smalls with Elaine, but I know she would have worn the XS diapers for several months.  We’re going to give them a try with baby #2!

Did you cloth diaper your newborn?  What was your favorite diaper?  Would you invest in newborn diapers, or just go with prefolds until one size diapers fit better (usually starting around 8 pounds)?  Leave a comment and share your wisdom!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I, too, am busy picking out newborn/small diapers for our baby due in May. So far I've purchased a handful of Applecheeks size 1's and a few FB smalls. I think I'm going to stick mostly to the prefolds and covers though, beacuse of cost. I hope to use these for a third baby, too, though, so that helps some. My first baby was 8 lbs 4 oz at birth so I'm expecting this one to be close to that as well, so the extra small newborn diapers wouldn't last long so I've decided to skip them. I think I'm going to use sposies until the cord falls off and then make the switch.

Cindy said...

So far, I've mostly used prefolds and Thirsties covers (which are working out great). I have used the Rumparooz on my 3 week old Sophie, and those fit wonderfully. The bumGenius I have also fits her great. I didn't try either of those until she was about 2.5 weeks old, though. I didn't want to use either with her cord still attached. I would love to get more of the Rumparooz. They fit her wonderfully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...