Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Whoops!

Nolan Plays!We have been struggling to find a diaper that will keep Nolan dry at naptimes.  Basically, he’s been wearing three different outfits each day!  The FuzziBunz just weren’t absorbent enough anymore.  I didn’t want to switch to hemp or bamboo unless I had to (I try to save those for overnights).

I upgraded my FuzziBunz one size diapers to the large inserts.  I tried a Rumparooz, with the doubled portion in the front (Nolan is a tummy sleeper).  The Rumparooz were working fairly well, but not 100% of the time.

Yesterday when Nolan woke uMy Two Babiesp his clothes and sheet were dry.  I was so excited that I had a big “whoops” moment!  Yes – I left him uncovered.  Silly me!  As I was changing the diaper, I gave him a few seconds of air time while I put the dirty diaper in the pail.  Nolan chose that moment to demonstrate why he was dry.

Did you already guess what happened?  Yup – he shot off and started soaking the crib across the way, the floor, and more.  I quickly covered him and stopped the stream.  But then he started again, with more gusto!  He must have had a gallon of pee in that little body!

So when it was all said and done, I discovered that he had rolled in the mess on the changing table, and his shirt was now soaked.  Well, so much for salvaging that outfit!

I had a good laugh and my mishap, and so did my hubby when I shared it with him.  How about you?  Any amazing, funny, or tragic “whoops” moments in your cloth journey?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...