Monday, June 11, 2012

What We’ve Been Doing…

I haven’t blogged here since I closed the online retail part of Doable Diapers back in April.  I’ve been enjoying life as a wifey, homemaker, and stay-at-home-mom.  And I am pretty convinced that that is the way God designed it to be…

So here are a few snippets to let you see what we’ve been doing for the last two months. I have had several things rolling around in my mind that I want to share here, and now that I feel like life and schedules are back on track, I will probably bombard you with several posts.  So don’t go away…lots of fun coming right up!

Verrazano Bridge at Sunset
Sunset walk under the Verrazano Bridge (connects Brooklyn to Staten Island)

The Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Brooklyn Botanic Gardens with friends

Elaine's Big Girl Bed
Elaine got a “big girl bed”

Bronx Zoo  Bronx Zoo
Feeding the goats at the Bronx Zoo with Grandma & Grampa

Bronx Zoo
Our family  - Me, Nolan, Elaine, & Ben

Nolan in bumgenius Freetime diaper
Testing the new bumGenius Freetime diaper – more on that to follow later.  Suffice it to say this is my new favorite diaper!

Day 6 You  img_4331
A lot of sewing – including an Easter dress for Elaine {in the midst of closing the store}, matching skirt/dress for Elaine & me, some play skirts, and even some dolly clothes!

Nolan's First HaircutNolan’s first haircut!  {10 months old.  He also started walking just before this}

Mother's Day 2012
Mother’s Day in our matching dresses

On the Airplane to Denver
Flight to visit “Ma” & “Pa” in Denver, Colorado

Nolan's first time in the swimming pool
Swimming in Pa’s pool

With Grandma & Grandpa Paul
Visit with my grandparents.  My kids are great-grandchildren # 7 & 8 or something like that…out of 11 great-grands

At Washington Park with Ma
Fun at the park

Elaine's first Motorcycle Ride
First motorcycle ride {just Elaine…not Nolan} with my Dad

Memorial Day
Memorial Day in Brooklyn – we went to tour the ships in dock for Fleet Week and the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812.

The $4 Swimming Pool
Lots of fun in the sun

Homemade Jame
Some homemade strawberry jam, and lots of freezer cooking & baking.  It feels good to do that again!

That was a whirlwind trip, but it seems like a lot of pictures.  Come back this week for more cloth-diaper related posts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...