Friday, February 17, 2012

Obsession Confession

It’s been a while since we’ve done an Obsession Confession, so I thought it would be fun to conclude the week with one!  Besides…this one just came in!  If you want to be featured on Doable Diapers, just fill out the Obsession Confession survey and email it!

Name?  Sandra  riley_bean_0062

Children: 2 Kids - Paul-19 months, Riley-4 months

Occupation: Quality Control Tech

Where do you live?  Acton, Ontario CA

Is your hubby on board with using cloth diapers?  Absolutely!

When did you start cloth diapering?  When my son was 10 weeks old.

What was your main reason for switching to cloth diapers?  At first it was for the cost but I quickly realized how much better they were for my son's sensitive skin and the environment.  Besides...they are so cute!

Tell the short story of how you started using cloth diapers.  I had purchased my stash of prefolds before my son was born but I was a little apprehensive about getting started.  Mostly because no one I knew was CDing and they were all telling me I would never keep it up.  I quickly learned that they weren't as difficult to use and washing them wasn't that much extra work. I loved them so much I invested in pocket diapers to lessen the bulk factor.  Now I have to force myself not to go overboard with buying cloth diapers.

What is your favorite brand and style of diapers?  I love the BumGenius 4.0. Because they are OS and I don't have to store extra diapers because they are too big/small.  I find they dry faster since they're pocket diapers and I prefer snaps over H/L because the aplex doesn't rub against my baby's belly.

How many diapers are in your stash?  18 small prefolds with 6 covers, 12 large prefolds with 4 covers, 6 OS fitted with 3 covers, 14 OS pocket, 4 perfect size pocket, 2 perfect size AIO.

victoria_day_0020Share a blooper or “newbie” story from your cloth diapering experiences.  When I first started using my FB pocket diapers my son ended up with a wet back.  It took a while for me to realize that the insert was sticking out the back!

Do you have a tip to share with others?  Be very careful what diaper cream you use.  If a store doesn't sell cloth diapers, don't trust the sales person when they tell you a certain cream is cloth diaper safe.

Is there anything you wish you had known when you started using cloth diapers?  I wish I had known that used cloth diapers were just as good as new (as long as they were in good condition).

What is the greatest issue or problem you’ve had with cloth diapers, and how did you resolve it?  I took the advice of a sales person and purchased a diaper cream that caused residue on my diapers.  My son began getting rashes and after doing some research and visiting forums, I  realized my error and had to strip all my diapers by hand.  Ugh!!

Regarding cloth diapers, is there anything you would like to know?
Where can I get more for free, or at the least, dirt cheap :)

What are your other hobbies, interests, and obsessions?  Since being pregnant with my first, I've found myself obsessed with birth stories. I love hearing about how different people have experienced pregnancy, labor and delivery.  It's actually what inspired me to start my own blog.  My hobbies have dramatically decreased since having children but I try to find time to read (adult novels as opposed to children's books), listen to podcasts, read blogs or cross stitch.  I also enjoy taking pictures.  My camera is always with me and i try to document life through photography. Every once in a while I'll pull out an old photo album and reminisce.

What are your favorite blogs and websites? 
Ahem- www.beantobabyandbeyond.blogspot.com, Doable Diapers (of course), Young House Love, Moms Are for Everyone, Kijiji.ca, Food Network.ca, and Ikea.com.

Tell us a little about your personality.  I'm normally easy going but sometimes life gets the better of me.  I'm not very good at small talk.  I'm better at answering questions then asking them.  I like to laugh and I enjoy being a homebody.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...