Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cloth Diaper Storage

I thought I would take a minute to share my cloth diaper storage system with you.  I have tried several methods, but I just reorganized everything and I’m “pleased as punch” with the outcome!  While I would prefer a changing table with drawers in it, this is what we have, so we have made do.

img_0824

The bins are Closet Maid fabric storage bins from Target.  I made the labels using a tutorial from IHeart Organizing (but she uses MS Excel, and I prefer Word for this project).

Right now the changing table is in the dining room so that I don’t have to wake Elaine for middle-of-the-night changes and feedings.  Eventually the kids will share a room.  The drawers on the right are Nolan’s “dresser.” 

The basket is also from Target – it was a baby gift for Elaine.  It is designed for disposable diapers and wipes, but I store our diaper cream, Snappi fasteners, hand sanitizer, lotion, cloth wipes and solution there along with the thermometer and nail clippers.

img_0817

From left to right, top to bottom, the bins are:
Elaine’s Diapers; Nolan’s Diapers; Pre-folds and Covers (we use these as back-ups and in case of rashes right now); Wipes & Wet Bags; Extra Inserts & Night Time Diapers; and Burp Cloths & Receiving Blankets.

img_0820

img_0818

How do you store your diapers?  Please share…I love new ideas!

6 comments:

Shaky Mommy said...

This is how mine is organized. I wrote this a couple of months ago and actually have more diapers now. But the basic set up is still the same. We use lots of those fabric storage bins at our house. All three of my big kids have cubbies and bins for their "dressers." I will definitely have to check out that tutorial for the labels!

Shaky Mommy said...

Guess it would help if I left the link, huh?

http://shakymommy.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-fluff-stash.html

Kendra said...

great idea! I am due in Dec and have been thinking about how to store my cloth diaps! Since I only have one lil one so far, I will probably divide them up by 'dads diapers' the ones he prefers to use(easy) and types of insert/cover combos..... we'll see!!!!

Vicki M5 said...

I have been trying to figure out how to create nice looking labels for the exact same type of bin. I love how yours look. After you printed them out, did you laminate them? How did you adhere them to the bin? I want to do this for my son's toys, so it needs to be a label that he can't remove easily (he's 2 1/2). Any info will be appreciated! Thank You! Vicki

Vicki M5 said...

Hi! I would love to know what you did with the label after you printed it. Did you laminate it? Also, how did you adhere it to the bin? I would like to do this for my son's toys, but the label would need to adhere to the bin so that he wouldn't rip it off. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Andrea Hamilton said...

Hi Vicki -
I followed a tutorial from here (http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2010/08/you-asked-label-me.html). Except I found it easier to create my labels in Word rather than in Excel. I printed them on cardstock and then laminated them. To adhere them to the fabric bins I used Elmer's Fabric Glue (it was like a glue pen I found at JoAnn Fabrics). It has been permanent, whereas the permanent double sided crafting tape I was using kept falling off. The fabric glue takes a couple of hours to dry, so I just folded my bins flat and stacked dictionaries on top of them. Hope that helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...