Monday, November 22, 2010

Obsession Confession–Alethea

Alethea is a good friend that I met through my mom.  (They attend the same Bible Study together).  Alethea was already using cloth diapers when my little girl was born.  She wrote to me and explained cloth wipes, and also introduced me to Rumparooz diapers.  When my little girl started sleeping through the night…and wetting through her diaper, I turned to Alethea.  I hope you enjoy learning a little more about her!

  1. Name: Alethea
  2. Children: 1, cute little 2 and 1/2 year old girl whose name is Taliah
  3. Occupation:  I stay home and take care of Taliah. Oh, yeah, I also clean and attempt to cook, wash diapers, and every Monday night I attend Bible Study Fellowship! 
  4. Where do you live? Denver, CO
  5. Is your hubby on board with using cloth diapers? He sure is, but really he is for anything that will save us money.  Besides, I think he thinks the diapers are really cool as he sometimes tells friends all about them before I even think to- he has actually been known to bring out a cloth diaper to demonstrate how easy and "fun" they really are.
  6. When did you start cloth diapering?  We started cloth diapers when Taliah was about 6 months old.  Wish I would have know about them earlier... I plan to use them from the start when we receive another little one!
  7. What was your main reason for switching to cloth diapers?  My main reason for switching to cloth diapers was to save money.
  8. Give the short story of how you started using cloth diapers.  I don't exactly remember how I heard about cloth diapers, but I started researching them and found a shop that did free diaper demos and gave a trial package (several types/styles of diapers to try before you buy- the cost of the package was then deducted from your purchase of your first stash).  I worked with the "trial" diapers for about a week, but even before that was pretty convinced I wanted to do the pocket diaper perfect fit, the ones that grow with your baby.  The reason for this was so that I would save money and have a stash that would fit an older child and a younger child.  I went with the Rump-a-rooz, but have since found Fuzzi-Buns because of Doable Diapers and love them!
  9. What is your favorite brand and style of diapers?  I like the Fuzzi-Bunz one size.  I like the fact that you get an extra set of elastic for each diaper to help with wear and tear.  Although, I think sometimes the cloth diaper you love is very dependent on the "form" of your child.  I love Rump-a-rooz, but think they may not have been the best fit for my daughter.
  10. How many diapers are in your stash? I think I have 20.
  11. Share a blooper or “newbie” story from your cloth diapering experiences.  This isn't really a blooper, but I found getting the right over-night diaper that wouldn't leak took a lot of trial and error, and truly still does.
  12. Do you have a tip to share with others?  I like washing my diapers first thing in the morning so they can hang and dry all day then stuffing them before I go to bed so they are all ready to go the next day.
  13. When you started using cloth diapers, what is one thing you wish you had known?  All of the other options and styles and maybe done a little more mix and match.
  14. What is the greatest issue or problem you’ve had with cloth diapers, and how did you resolve it?  Right now it is getting the residual stink out ever since we acquired a HE washer.  I can't quite get it to work- but I am getting better results with Rockin' Green detergent.
  15. Regarding cloth diapers, is there anything you would like to know? Why everyone doesn't use cloth diapers on their baby?  :)
  16. What are your other hobbies, interests, and obsessions?  I love hanging out with my family!  Taliah is a gift and she gets more and more fun every day.  I love being involved with Bible Study Fellowship which currently takes up most of my time when not with Taliah or my husband.  I love to read and take walks- especially in the fall.  I enjoy going to the movies and wish we could eat out more, simply because then I wouldn't have to cook!  :)
  17. What are your favorite blogs and websites?  I follow unclutterer, Doable Diapers, So I married a Mennonite, The Blaze, and Essential oils.
  18. Tell us a little about your personality.  Hmmm... I am pretty outgoing, love Jesus, love family, and love to veg out every once in awhile.  I have strong opinions, and get pretty fired up about things- I like to call it being passionate.  :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...